Fall is everybody’s favorite time of year. The leaves are changing colors, the air is crisp, and the weather is perfect for outdoor activities. People love going out to the pumpkin patch, picking apples from trees, and enjoying the beautiful scenery around them. Fall quotes & captions can help you relate to the true beauty of this mesmerizing season, even if its not the fall season yet!
These perfect fall quotes will remind you of the incandescent elements that come with the autumn season.
Best Fall Quotes & Instagram Captions
- “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” – Lauren DeStefano
- “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” – Chad Sugg
- “Sweater weather is better together.”- Unknown
- “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.”- Andrea Gibson.
- “Fall colors are funny. They’re so bright and intense and beautiful. It’s like nature is trying to fill you up with color, to saturate you so you can stockpile it before winter turns everything muted and dreary.” – Siobhan Vivian.
- “The autumn wind is a pirate. Blustering in from sea with a rollicking song he sweeps along swaggering boisterously. His face is weather beaten, he wears a hooded sash with a silver hat about his head… The autumn wind is a raider, pillaging just for fun.”- Steve Sabol
- “The Autumn is old; The sere leaves are flying; He hath gathered up gold, And now he is dying…Old age, begin sighing.”- Thomas Hood
- “Let’s pumpkin spice things up a bit.”- Unknown
- “What do you use to mend a jack-o-lantern? A pumpkin patch.”- Unknown
- “If I were a bird, I would fly about the Earth seeking the successive autumns.”- George Eliot
Also read: 130+ life quotes to attract the best vibes
Also read: 40 exclusive good vibes quotes to help you better your day
- “For anyone who lives in the oak-and-maple area of New England, there is a perennial temptation to plunge into a purple sea of adjectives about October.”- Hal Borland
- “Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.”- Shira Tamir
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”- Henry David Thoreau
- “Autumn leaves are falling, filling up the streets; golden colors on the lawn, nature’s trick or treat!”- Rusty Fischer
- “Summer makes me drowsy. Autumn makes me sing. Winter’s pretty lousy, but I hate Spring.”- Dorothy Parker
- “Oh my gourd, we’ve got plenty!”- Unknown
- “It’s like going back to school. You know, autumn! Time for ‘Harry Potter’.”- Robbie Coltrane
- “My favorite color is October.”- Unknown
- “Autumn wins you best by this, its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.”- Robert Browning
- “Autumn skies and pumpkin pies.”- Unknown
- “I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “As long as autumn lasts, I shall not have hands, canvas and colors enough to paint the beautiful things I see.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “The heat of autumn is different from the heat of summer. One ripens apples, the other turns them to cider.”- Jane Hirshfield
- “October’s poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter.”- Nova Bair
- “Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?” – Dodie Smith
Love Fall Quotes & Captions
Autumn is the season of love and these fall quotes on love will surely make you reminisce in your best fall days!
- “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.”- Emily Bronte
- “If the leaves are changing, I feel poetry in the air.”- Laura Jaworski
- “Oh your sweet disposition
And my wide-eyed gaze
We’re singing in the car getting lost upstate
Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place
And I can picture it after all these days.” – Taylor Swift
- “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Float down
Like autumn leaves
And hush now
Close your eyes
Before the sleep.” – Ed Sheeran
- “Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few. September, November And these few precious days I’ll spend with you.” – Frank Sinatra
- “I notice that Autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.” – John Donne
- “Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn.” – Elizabeth Lawrence
- “I’m still in love with you, I want to see you dance again. Because I’m still in love with you on this harvest moon.”- Neil Young.
- “Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.”- Delia Owens, Where the Crawdads Sing
- “And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves…”- Virginia Woolf
- “There is something so special in the early leaves drifting from the trees – as if we are all to be allowed a chance to peel, to refresh, to start again.”- Ruth Ahmed
- “The heart of autumn must have broken here, and poured its treasure upon the leaves.”- Charlotte Bates
- “How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” – George Burns
- “Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.”- Carol Bishop Hipps
- “A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long.”- E. E. Cummings.
- “I’ll just end up walkin’ in the cold November rain.” – Guns N’ Roses.
- “And the sunsets of autumn—are they not gorgeous beyond description? More so than the brightest dreams of poetry?”- Charles Lanman
- “Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.”- William Cullen Bryant
- “Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence.”- Yoko Ono.
- “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.”- Jim Bishop.
- “I saw old autumn in the misty morn stand shadowless like silence, listening to silence.”- Thomas Hood
- “Dancing of the autumn laves on a surface of a lake is a dream we see when we are awake.”- Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Designers want me to dress like spring, in billowing things. I don’t feel like spring. I feel like a warm red autumn.”- Marilyn Monroe
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”- L.M. Montgomery
- “Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings.”- Terri Guillemets
- “If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour.”- Victoria Erickson
- “I hope I can be the autumn leaf, who looked at the sky and lived. And when it was time to leave, gracefully it knew life was a gift.”- Dodinsky
- “When everything looks like a magical oil painting, you know you are in Autumn!”- Mehmet Murat Ildan
Short Fall Quotes & Instagram Captions
- “I come alive in the fall time.”- The Weeknd
- “I come by light of an autumn moon.”- Broken Bells
- “But now it’s time for me to go, the autumn moon lights my way.”- Led Zeppelin
- “Autumn’s the mellow time.”- William Allingham
- “Go big or gourd home.”- Unknown
- “In autumn, don’t go to jewelers to see gold; go to the parks!”- Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Pumpkin spice and everything nice.”- Unknown*
- “But I miss you most of all, my darling, when autumn leaves start to fall.”- Frank Sinatra, ‘Autumn Leaves.’
Fall Quotes from Books
- “Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple.”- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- “Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn — that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness — that season which has drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling.” – Jane Austen, Persuasion
- “The Sussex lanes were very lovely in the autumn . . . spendthrift gold and glory of the year-end . . . earth scents and the sky winds and all the magic of the countryside which is ordained for the healing of the soul.”- Monica Baldwin, I Leap Over The Wall
- “It was October again … a glorious October, all red and gold, with mellow mornings when the valleys were filled with delicate mists as if the spirit of autumn had poured them in for the sun to drain — amethyst, pearl, silver, rose, and smoke-blue. The dews were so heavy that the fields glistened like cloth of silver and there were such heaps of rustling leaves in the hollows of many-stemmed woods to run crisply through.” – L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” – Nora Ephron, You’ve Got Mail
- “That old September feeling, left over from school days, of summer passing, vacation nearly done, obligations gathering, books and football in the air … Another fall, another turned page: there was something of jubilee in that annual autumnal beginning, as if last year’s mistakes had been wiped clean by summer.” – Wallace Stegner, Angle of Repose
If you’re bidding goodbye to summer (season or not), it makes sense to welcome the next autumnal chapter of your life in the most beautiful way possible! The
Parents, Sign Up for Free
"The first breath of autumn was in the air, a prodigal feeling, a feeling of wanting, taking, and keeping before it is too late." "Autumn leaves shower like gold, like rainbows, as the winds of change begin to blow." "I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves."
Autumn is a beautiful time of year. Yes, it's always sad that summer is over, but that doesn't mean Fall isn't worthy of the same affection. The leaves change from green to an incredible display of vibrant colors, just as your cheeks get a little ruddy from the colder weather.
Autumn is at once symbolic of plenty, ripening, harvest, and abundance; and, at the same time, a symbol of decay, decline, old age, and even death, with associations of things being past their prime.
North America is now in the fall season – a time of cooler temperatures, colorful leaves, and seasonal treats. Fall is a season we describe in terms of colors and feelings. Yellow or orange leaves fill many trees. And people feel happiness or calmness when they walk outdoors.
Fall's cozy atmosphere and changing weather make it a solid candidate for the best season. Temperatures are finally starting to cool down, and the days are becoming shorter and shorter. Leaves are changing color and falling off the trees, and pumpkin-spice-flavored products are back on the shelf.
Definition of autumn
1 : the season between summer and winter comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of September, October, and November or as reckoned astronomically extending from the September equinox to the December solstice. — called also fall.
The Spirit of Autumn is a character from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. She is the Season Spirit who has complete control over autumn. To reach her tower in the Temple of Seasons, Link must use a Bomb Flower from Lava Lake to clear rubble.
The Biblical meaning of autumn is closely associated with harvest which was a time to thank God for His goodness and His blessings upon the earth.
"Autumn" came from the Latin word "autumnus," with the root of the word having connotations regarding "the passing of the year." The term "fall" was likely a deviation from the Old English words "fiaell" and "feallan," both of which mean "to fall from a height." It is assumed that this new name for the season was ...